Advanced NDT Solutions
Manual X-Y Scanner
A 2-axis (X-Y) encoding scanner for the manual inspection of slightly curved or flat composite surfaces. The scanner is well suited for raster scanning with the following technologies: eddy current array, eddy current, UT and phased array.
The GLIDER X-Y Scanner is a 2-axis encoding scanner for the manual inspection of slightly curved or flat composite surfaces. The scanner is well suited for raster scanning with the following technologies:
- Conventional ultrasonics (UT)
- Phased array ultrasonics (PAUT)
- Eddy current (EC)
- Eddy current array (ECA)
Commonly inspected materials include composites and aluminum, using suction-cup pods; and carbon steel, using optional magnetic pods.
The X-axis is attached to two mounting pods. Depending on the material to inspect, one of the following models can be used:
- Suction-cup mounting pod (included)
- Magnetic mounting pod (optional)
There are two encoder modules (one on each axis) to measure the probe position. The displacement of these modules can be in 3.27 mm steps, free running, or locked.
The scanner comes in three formats (18 in., 24 in., and 36 in.), depending on the scan coverage needed:
- GLIDER 18 x 18
- GLIDER 24 x 24
- GLIDER 36 x 36
GLIDER Scanner Kit Includes:
- Two tracks for desired stroke (18 in., 24 in., or 36 in., depending on the model)
- Two displacement-encoding modules
- Two suction-cup mounting pods
- 5 m encoder cable compatible with OmniScan instruments
- Phased array yoke (40 mm)
- TOFD/PE yoke (31.75 mm)
- 90° probe holder mounting bracket
- 180° probe holder mounting bracket
- Probe holder bearing arm with springs
- Irrigation tubing and fitting
- Hard carrying case
Magnetic Mounting Pods
Magnetic mounting pods enable use on ferromagnetic surfaces (part number GLIDER-A-01).
18 in., 24 in., or 36 in. tracks are available as options.
Manual Water Pump Kit
Water pump is compatible with scanner umbilical cables. It can also be used with provided tubing. Includes tank, tubing, and Y-splitters (part number OPIX105).
Electric Water Pump Kits
The CFU-03 and CFU-05 are portable electric pump units used to supply couplant to wedges during ultrasonic inspections.
- Well suited for phased array UT, conventional UT, and eddy current inspection techniques using one probe
- Compatible with the OmniScan, the TomoScan FOCUS LT (with optional adapter), and other instruments using the appropriate encoder cable.
- Two axes with waterproof encoders for position-encoded X-Y scans
- Axis positioning with minimal backlash
- Both modules are mounted on bearings for precise and smooth displacement
- Two pivot-equipped mounting pods enable surface following
- Locking devices allow each axis to be locked
- Module displacement can be in increments of 3.27 mm or in free-running mode
- The probe holder is mounted on a bearing-arm system that can be spring loaded if needed.
- Aluminum frame is used for lightweight and rust-free components
- Sliding Y-axis provides greater scan flexibility and improved portability
Weight: 5 kg to 8 kg, depending on the configuration
Suction-cup pod holding force: 7 kg per cup
Magnetic-pod holding force: 81 kg per base
Encoder resolution: 13 steps/mm (±0.15 step/mm), 330 steps/in. (±0.006 steps/in.)
Encoder connection: DE-15 to 2 LEMO 90°
Minimum curvature for partial scans: 50 cm (20 in.), outside diameter
|GLIDER 18×18||700 (28)||690 (27)||152 (6)|
|GLIDER 24×24||900 (35)||845 (33)||152 (6)|
|GLIDER 36×36||1200 (47)||1150 (45)||152 (6)|