NDT SetupBuilder Software
NDT SetupBuilder is a new PC-based software allowing to create inspection setup and visualize beam simulations.
This software presents multiple features for easy, fast, and comprehensive inspection strategy elaboration that can directly be imported in the OmniScan MX2.
- Wedge and probe selection can be carried out within the Olympus part database
- Instantaneously simulate beams trajectory in the material
- Visualize and adjust the part, probe, weld, and beams in different views, such as: side, end, top, or 3D
- Represent most commonly inspected materials and parts such as plates, and circumferential or axial welded pipes
- Copy and flip existing groups for quick multiple probe configurations
The most efficient way to create a setup is to perform the simulation in NDT SetupBuilder, and import it directly to the OmniScan. Afterward, only a few operations such as gate and range settings, are required in the OmniScan prior to starting the acquisition. However, with its automatic probe recognition capability the OmniScan MX2 can also be used to create a complete setup using the following features:
- Intuitive wizards to guide the user through every step of the setup creation using the interactive help menu
- Weld Overlay and RayTracing simulation
- Group copy option for fast multiple group configuration