Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers are single element transducers that employ a magnetostrictive effect to transmit and receive ultrasonic waves.
Part number is E110-SB.
• No need to remove external scale
• No couplant required
• Use in contact with or at a small distance from surface
• Can be used at elevated material temperatures*
• Can be used on small diameter pipes
• Metal ring protects wear surface and is adjustable for optimal magnetic field levels
• External oxide scaled surfaces
• Small diameter scaled pipes
• High temperature applications
• Use with 37DL PLUS** thickness gage, EPOCH LT** flaw detector, EPOCH 4PLUS flaw detector, or EPOCH XT flaw detector
*Temperature specification are 32° - 140°F (0° - 60°C) for continuous contact and 176°F (80°C) for intermittent contact, defined as 10 seconds in contact with part and 60 seconds of cooling time.
**Adaptor required. Please order separately. Part number 1/2XA/E110