Advanced NDT Solutions
The HSMT-Compact is a manual one-axis encoded scanner. In particular, it is light and small, and also versatile. It can be used (with up to 4 probes) on plates and for circumferential scans on pipes as small as 4.5 in. OD pipes.
The HSMT-Compact is a light, small, and versatile manual one-axis encoded scanner. It can be used -with up to four probes- on plates and for circumferential scans on pipes as small as 4 in. schedule (4.5 in. OD). The scanner length can be changed and the frame can extend outside the limit of the wheels, providing a configuration that is well suited for hard-to-reach places such as pipe-to-component welds.
The HSMT-Compact completes the HSMT family. While the HSMT-Flex and HSMT-X03 are designed for construction welding inspection, the HSMT-Compact is designed for maintenance weld inspection.
HSMT-Compact Kit Includes:
- Scanner frame with handles
- Additional frame bars: 400 mm (16 in.) and 600 mm (24 in.)
- Four magnetic, plastic-covered wheels
- Waterproof, spring-loaded wheel encoder
- OmniScan-compatible encoder with 5 m cable
- Four 90° probe holder brackets
- Four spring-loaded arms (SLA)
- Four TOFD/PE yokes (31.75 mm)
- Two phased array yokes (40 mm)
- Irrigation tubing and accessories
- Two metric/U.S. rulers
- Hard carrying case
Note: Probes and wedges are not included in the basic kit.
A typical configuration includes two phased array probes and a pair of TOFD probes, to comply with ASME code.
Other configurations include:
- 1 pair of TOFD probes
- 2 pairs of TOFD probes
- 2 PA probes
Manual Water Pump Kit
Water pump is compatible with scanner umbilical cables. It can also be used with provided tubing. Includes tank, tubing, and Y-splitters (part number: OPIX105).
Four-channel 40 dB Remote Pulser/Preamplifier with LEMO® connectors to amplify probe and instrument output signals. Using the TRPP 5810 and composite probes enhances the S/N ratio in TOFD inspections.
- Circumferential scan on 4 in. schedule pipes (4.5 in. OD), or greater
- Magnetic wheels hold the unit against a ferromagnetic inspection surface.
- Light aluminum frame with customizable length
- Frame design allows probes to be positioned outside the wheels.
- Support up to 4 probes on pipes or flat surfaces
- Fully adjustable probe positioning
- Independently spring-loaded probe holders
- Waterproof, spring-loaded encoder
- Removable handles
- Eyelet for umbilical or lanyard attachment
- Water manifold integrated into the scanner frame
- Metric/U.S. rulers on the scanner for easy probe separation measurement