XRF Analyzers and XRD Analyzers
DELTA Mining and Geochemistry Handheld XRF Analyzer
DELTA Mining & Geochemistry Handheld XRF Analyzers
DELTA Mining & Geochemistry Handheld XRF Analyzers provide immediate results to help determine the next course of action for the entire process - exploration, ore grade/process control, environmental sustainability. On-site detection of metals, minerals & contaminants. GPS-GIS-XRF for instant metal mapping, time, cost savings
Everything You Need in Handheld XRF with State-of-the-Art Innovation
The New Generation DELTA Handheld XRF Analyzers are ergonomically advanced with a forward looking design incorporating the latest in electronics, components, and software technology.
The newly available DELTA X-act Count Technology can provide even better sensitivity and precision in faster time for more materials than before. Throughput is increased with the same or better precision in half the time for most elements.
The unique DELTA Docking Station frees you from having to power down the analyzer. The station charges the analyzer battery and a spare, and performs periodic calibration checks. DELTAs can be operated 24/7 in the field with hot swap battery replacement.
DELTA Handheld XRF Configuration
The DELTA brings the power and flexibility of handheld X-ray fluorescence spectrometry to the field. Ruggedized and ultra portable, this dramatically fast 24/7 technology provides accelerated testing times, allowing for hundreds more tests to be conducted per day with analytical confidence. The DELTA series analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN detectors or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detectors (SDD), specialized filters, and multi beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis. The DELTA's real overall value is to help make decisions in real time with minimal reliance on off-site laboratory testing.
The DELTA Handheld XRF for Mining and Exploration
Olympus is the specialist manufacturer of portable geochemical analyzers for the global exploration and mining industry. Our comprehensive in-house expertise in utilizing technology for field geological scenarios sets us apart from the rest. The advanced analytical performance and broad element suite of the DELTA Mining and Exploration Handheld XRF means there is an Olympus field portable XRF for nearly any geological situation.
The Powerful Handheld XRF that Can Be Taken Anywhere
Get Fast Results for Immediate Action
Why Should you Choose Olympus DELTA Handheld XRF?
- Specifically and purposefully designed instrumentation for infield mining and exploration uses
- A specialist International Mining Group (IMG) created to focus solely on XRF and XRD analysis technology
- IMG is staffed by experienced geological industry professionals who understand your business needs
- Our commitment to long term partnering with exploration and mining companies- we stand by our technology and service over the long term
The International Mining Group
- Pioneering technological advancements and geologyfocused innovations
- Advanced training programs and ongoing global support
- Specialist commodity calibrations and development of innovative applications
- Mineral-specific accessories
- Comprehensive methodology development and data management solutions
- Real-time data integration with GPS and GIS
The Xplorer Package
Mobile GPS-GIS Mapping Solutions for your XRF
Pioneered by the International Mining Group geologists, the DELTA XRF-GPS-GIS Xplorer configuration provides seamless connectivity between XRF and GIS for rapid targeting and real time decision making.
The outcome for the exploration geologists is time an cost savings, improved data integrity, and an integrated, automated data management and validation process. The ability to map, visualize, assess, and follow up on targets immediately has genuinely changed surface soil/sediment geochemical exploration methodologies for the better.
Field Portable XRF data is transferred wirelessly, and spatially registered in real time using industry-standard Mobile GIS and State of the Art Trimble GPS Hardware, in addition to GIS Software (ArcPAD or Discover Mobile).
- The result is live geochemical mapping in the field for visualization, gridding, and contouring in GIS, leading to rapid, informed decision making
- Seamless integration into powerful geochemical analysis software such as ioGAS for first class data validation and QA/QC
- Reduces human error related to XRF data transfer, GPScoordinate merging, and GIS integration
Third Party Software
(ioGAS/ ioHUB/ ArcGIS/ ENCOM Discover/ MAPINFO)
The DELTA Line
The DELTA series handheld XRF analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN, or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) detection, specialized filters, and multi-beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis.
DELTA Classic Plus
|DELTA Premium||DELTA Professional||DELTA Classic Plus|
|Excitation Source||4W Rh, Au, or Ta anode (per application) X-ray tube||4W Ag, Rh, Au, or Ta anode (per application) X-ray tube||4W Au or Ta anode X-ray tube|
|Detector||Large-Area Silicon Drift Detector||Silicon Drift Detector||Si-PIN Diode Detector|
|Analytical Range||Alloy and Mining: Mg and up for Rh/Ag and Al and up for Ta/Au; Soil: P and higher||Alloy and Mining: Ti and higher; Soil: P and higher|
|Weight||1.5 kg (3.25 lbs) without battery|
|Dimensions||260 x 240 x 90 mm (10.25 x 9.5 x 3.5 in.)|
|Environmental Temp Range||-10 ºC to 50 ºC (14 ºF to 122 ºF)|
|Processing Electronics||530 MHz CPU with integrated FPU with 128 MB RAM; Proprietary Olympus Digital Pulse Processor (DPP)|
|Smart Electronics||Accelerometer; Barometer for atmosphere pressure corrections of light elements' measurements|
|Power||Rechargeable Li-ion battery; Hot-swap maintains analyzer power during battery charge|
|Data Display||32 bit Color QVGA resolution, Blanview transmissive backlit touchscreen; 57 x 73 mm (2.25 x 2.9 in.)|
|Data Storage||1 GB microSD (stores ~75,000 readings)|
|Data Transfer||USB, Bluetooth®|
- Waterproof Carrying Case
- Two (2) Li-ion Batteries
- Electronic User Manual and User Interface Guide and Printed Quick Start Guide
- Docking Station
- Mini USB Cable
- 316 Stainless Steel Calibration Check Reference Coin
- Ten (10) Spare Windows
- Integrated Wrist Strap
- DELTA PC Software
- Factory Authorized Training & Support
- XRF WorkStation for mobile benchtop use
- Soil Foot facilitating hands-free In-sltu testing
- Soil Extension Pole offering ergonomic In-sltu testing while standing/walking
- Belt Holster
Mineral Exploration and Mining Applications
Field experience has shown that there are several very important considerations for the successful implementation of any portable XRF program: 1. initial orientation survey; 2. testing times; 3. sample representativeness, homogeneity, and sample prep; 4. site/sample specific calibrations; and 5. a solid QA/QC program which includes the testing of blanks, certified reference materials, and performing confirmatory lab analysis.
- Base metals: Cu, Pb, Zn, Ag, Mo
- Gold, including pathfinders and litho-geochemistry
- Uranium +/- rare earth elements; pathfinders
- Nickel Sulfide and Laterite deposits
- Iron Ore and Bauxites
- Rare Earth Element (REEs) such as La, Ce, Pr, and Nd
- REE pathfinders including Y, Th, and Nb
- Phosphates and potash
- Epithermal Sn, W, Mo, Bi, Sb deposits
- Mineral sands- Ti, Zr
- Coal, oil and gas
-- Mud logging and trace element chemistry
The Business Case for Portable XRF for Exploration, Mining & Metallurgical Processing
Innov-X analyzers enable:
- Due diligence during property acquisition
- Qualitative chemistry of rock, chip, soil, and sediment samples at the early regional reconnaissance and mapping stages
- Quantitative data during first pass regional soil, sediment, till, and trenching stages
- Immediate identification of mineralized trends and anomalies, definition of drill targets, extension of soil sample lines
- Adaptation of sampling and mapping programs in real-time to maximize exploration budgets
- Pre-screening of samples to maximize efficiency of off-site laboratory testing
Mining and Metallurgical Processing
Portable XRF can provide productivity increases through on-site, immediate geochemical analysis results. Make decisions on the spot.
DELTA for Grade Control
- Instantaneous screening of blast hole samples in open pits allows for more efficient movement of ore/waste material by reducing the reliance on the turnaround time from the mine laboratory
- Field analysis of stockpiles assists rapid blending and feeding to the mill
- Real-time analysis of feeds, concentrates, and tails allow immediate dosing adjustments to be made in the processing plant
- Underground grade control can be improved in certain settings by establishing sampling and analysis methodologies that involve DELTA portable XRF. Innov-X XRF's aid the decision making process at the underground face in many underground mines around the world on a daily basis
- Sample and matrix specific calibrations are usually required for mine-site applications. The DELTA is designed to be very easy to set up and use with multiple calibration models to ensure optimal performance - even for challenging light element (Mg, Al, Si) analysis
Why Mawson Resources use Olympus XRF Analyzers
Why Mineral Exploration Network (Finland) uses Olympus XRF Analysers
Why Belvedere Mining uses Olympus XRF Analysers
Why ABM Resources Uses Olympus XRF Analyzers
Why Silver City Minerals Uses Olympus XRF Analyzers
Why Aurum Exploration Services Uses Olympus XRF Analyzers
Why Mariana Resources Uses Olympus XRF Analyzers
Why Volta Resources Uses Olympus XRF Analyzers
Why Ariana Resources Uses Olympus XRF Analyzers
Olympus Innov-X and Shenzhen Lere Technology Development Co., Ltd. (WISE) have established a strong sales and service partnership in mainland China, with the goal of providing the latest technology in field portable XRF products combined with excellent customer support and local service. In 2010 Olympus Innov-X signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Shenzhen Lere in Shenzhen, authorizing Shenzhen Lere the exclusive agent for mining and environmental applications of our latest family of portable XRF analyzers, the DELTA Series. Shenzhen Lere has established a fully functional service center for all Olympus Innov-X products. In addition Shenzhen Lere was awarded the Overall Global Service Champion for outstanding service efforts. Shenzhen Lere has provided excellent service for the customers in mainland China for many years. The service centers for Shenzhen Lere have been established in Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Zhengzhou, Shandong Province, Fuzhou and other major regions to provide prompt service. Shenzhen Lere's expertise in mining is top notch and they are the leaders in portable XRF in China.