XRF Analyzers and XRD Analyzers
DELTA Consumer Safety and RoHS Handheld XRF Analyzer
DELTA Consumer Safety & RoHS Handheld XRF Analyzers
DELTA Consumer Safety & RoHS Handheld XRF Analyzers allow for testing large quantities of consumer & electronic products anywhere, anytime. Get simple, fast, nondestructive regulatory compliance screening for Pb, Cd, Hg, Br & more. Use for ASTM Method F2617-08, HR4040, CPSC, CPSIA & more.
Everything You Need in Handheld XRF with State-of-the-Art Innovation
The New Generation DELTA Handheld XRF Analyzers are ergonomically advanced with a forward looking design incorporating the latest in electronics, components, and software technology.
The newly available DELTA X-act Count Technology can provide even better sensitivity and precision in faster time for more materials than before. Throughput is increased with the same or better precision in half the time for most elements.
The unique DELTA Docking Station frees you from having to power down the analyzer. The station charges the analyzer battery and a spare, and performs periodic calibration checks. DELTAs can be operated 24/7 in the field with hot swap battery replacement.
DELTA Handheld XRF Configuration
The DELTA brings the power and flexibility of handheld X-ray fluorescence spectrometry to the field. Ruggedized and ultra portable, this dramatically fast 24/7 technology provides accelerated testing times, allowing for hundreds more tests to be conducted per day with analytical confidence. The DELTA series analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN detectors or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detectors (SDD), specialized filters, and multi beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis. The DELTA's real overall value is to help make decisions in real time with minimal reliance on off-site laboratory testing.
Portable XRF for Consumer Products Testing
1. Point and Shoot
Pinpoint the Right Target:
The DELTA can isolate individual components on electronics or consumer products using its integrated CMOS camera and small spot collimator.
Use of 3 mm diameter X-ray spot collimation is available at the push of a button. An on-screen video display indicates analysis spot, and archives sample images to memory for use in comprehensive test reports.
2. View Results
• The smart software will determine if it is Alloy, Mixed or Polymer
• Or it can be set by the user
B. Lead in Surface or Substrate?
• If "Pb" on top turns blue, lead is in the Surface
• If "Pb" at bottom turns blue, lead is in the Substrate
• Calculated results with +/- precision
• Pass/Fail Results as compared to the preset Action levels for each element
• Action level can be set by user
D. Results Navigation
3. Generate Report
Result Interpretation & Certificates
The DELTA PC reporting software facilitates immediate report generation, including analysis results, qualitative sample information, spectral information, and sample image.
Traceable documentation makes the DELTA the ideal tool for your Reasonable Testing Program (RTP).
For Results you Can Count On
The DELTA automatically determines sample type (polymer, alloy or mixed) and optimizes measurement conditions accordingly. It recognizes non-homogeneous ("mixed") samples to alert the operator, which is critical for error-free operation. The DELTA also distinguishes Pb in the surface or in the substrate.
The DELTA Line
The DELTA series handheld XRF analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN, or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) detection, specialized filters, and multi-beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis.
DELTA Classic Plus
|DELTA Premium||DELTA Professional||DELTA Classic Plus|
|Excitation Source||4W Rh, Au, or Ta anode (per application) X-ray tube||4W Ag, Rh, Au, or Ta anode (per application) X-ray tube||4W Au or Ta anode X-ray tube|
|Detector||Large-Area Silicon Drift Detector||Silicon Drift Detector||Si-PIN Diode Detector|
|Analytical Range||Alloy and Mining: Mg and up for Rh/Ag and Al and up for Ta/Au; Soil: P and higher||Alloy and Mining: Ti and higher; Soil: P and higher|
|Weight||1.5 kg (3.25 lbs) without battery|
|Dimensions||260 x 240 x 90 mm (10.25 x 9.5 x 3.5 in.)|
|Environmental Temp Range||-10 ºC to 50 ºC (14 ºF to 122 ºF)|
|Processing Electronics||530 MHz CPU with integrated FPU with 128 MB RAM; Proprietary Olympus Digital Pulse Processor (DPP)|
|Smart Electronics||Accelerometer; Barometer for atmosphere pressure corrections of light elements' measurements|
|Power||Rechargeable Li-ion battery; Hot-swap maintains analyzer power during battery charge|
|Data Display||32 bit Color QVGA resolution, Blanview transmissive backlit touchscreen; 57 x 73 mm (2.25 x 2.9 in.)|
|Data Storage||1 GB microSD (stores ~75,000 readings)|
|Data Transfer||USB, Bluetooth®|
- Waterproof Carrying Case
- Two (2) Li-ion Batteries
- Electronic User Manual and User Interface Guide and Printed Quick Start Guide
- Docking Station
- Mini USB Cable
- 316 Stainless Steel Calibration Check Reference Coin
- Ten (10) Spare Windows
- Integrated Wrist Strap
- DELTA PC Software
- Factory Authorized Training & Support
- XRF WorkStation for mobile benchtop use
- Soil Foot facilitating hands-free In-sltu testing
- Soil Extension Pole offering ergonomic In-sltu testing while standing/walking
- Belt Holster
DELTA: Fast, Accurate, On-the-Spot Screening for Toxic Metal Contaminants
When it comes to safety, there are no compromises. The DELTA handheld XRF is a key part of any reasonable testing program for general conformity certification (GCC).
- Product specification
- Certification testing
- Production testing
- Remedial action plan
Multiple Material Testing
- In paint
- In coatings
- In substrates
- In bulk material
- In all accessible parts
Comply with Global Regulations
Quick Risk Management Solution
DELTA Consumer Safety Handheld XRF analyzers are used for rapid product and component screening to monitor compliance with CPSIA, RoHS, WEEE, EN71-3 and other regulations. They provide fast, accurate answers to take action. Already new elements, including nickel (Ni), are being considered for addition to the existing regulation timelines. The DELTA measures these and more too. Olympus follows the development of global regulations closely to ensure our analyzers and technology stay ahead of the regulatory requirements.
Worldwide Restricted Hazardous Substance Regulations and Testing Methods
- EU RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU)
- EU WEEE Directive (2002/96/EC)
- China RoHS Directive (RPCEP)
- Japan RoHS
- Korean RoHS Directive
- USA CPSIA (HR4040)
- USA Halogen Free Directive
- California Proposition 65
- USA ASTM F2617-08
- USA ASTM F963
- USA CPSC-CH-E1002-08 SOP
- USA EPA Method 6200
- USA NIOSH Method 7702
- USA OSHA Methods OSSA1-OSSA
Regulatory Compliance Concentration Limits
|Element / Regulation||RoHS/ WEEE||Consumer/ CPSIA||Halogen-Free|
|Cr||Cr6+ <1000 ppm||N/A||N/A|
<100 ppm substrate
<90 ppm surface
|Br||PBB PBDE <1000 ppm||N/A||<900 ppm|
|Br + Cl||N/A||N/A||<1500 ppm|
DELTA: In-House Portable XRF Testing Integrated within Supply Chains
Government agencies are responsible for protecting the public from unreasonable risks, such as toxicity and pollution associated with consumer products and electronics. Due to their fast, nondestructive and on-the-spot screening capabilities, Olympus handheld XRF analyzers have been chosen repeatedly by the US Customs, the FDA, the EPA, the DOE and international customs agencies when it comes to rapid screening analysis of regulated toxic elements such as lead (Pb) and cadmium (Cd).
- Toys, jewelry, trinkets, crayons, chalk, plastics, lunch boxes, and backpacks
- Apparel and accessories: clothing, zippers, buttons, applique, rhinestones, trim, bags, and wallets
- Sporting goods, swing sets, picnic tables, decks, and fences
- Decorative food ware, colored ceramics, and silver plated holloware
- Candy wrappings, baby food, supplements, and foodstuff
- Drapery, furnishings, and rugs
- Cars, car seats, leather, fiber, trim, knobs, wheels, and mats
Construction - Renovation - Repair
- Windows, sills, doors, and moldings
- Caulking w/in older homes
- Defective, stinky drywall
- Construction or demolition project waste
- Batteries, paint, fertilizers, plastics, and metal coatings
- ELV - cars, car seats, leather, fiber, trim, knobs, wheels, and mats
- Wood, paper, and cardboard
- WEEE - Waste Electronics and Electrical Equipment
- RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) Compliance - Pb, Hg, Cr, Br, Cd
- Pb-free compliance in boards, cables, connectors, PCBs, metal components, and solders
- Packaging material