Inspection & Measurement Systems

Support

Forums

Trying to connect to camera using ethernet
Author

Trying to connect to camera using ethernet
Tue Jun 28, 2011 09:04 AM
Hello,

I am trying to connect to my camera using ethernet but without any success.

My laptop has ip address 192.168.0.54

My camera says that it is using ip address 192.168.0.54 with DHCP disabled.

When I use the Control Pro software to connect, it cannot find the camera.

What am I doing wrong? :sad:
RE: Trying to connect to camera using ethernet
Tue Jun 28, 2011 05:06 PM
Hello,

There are a few things we can run through to try and solve this problem but it would be much easier to do so over the phone. Please call our customer service line at (800) 225-8330 and ask for Mike C. in the high speed video group. I'll be happy to help you get this thing up and running.

Best,
Mike

RE: Trying to connect to camera using ethernet
Thu Jun 30, 2011 02:42 AM
Michael Contrastano (Olympus NDT) wrote:
Hello, There are a few things we can run through to try and solve this problem but it would be much easier to do so over the phone. Please call our customer service line at (800) 225-8330 and ask for Mike C. in the high speed video group. I'll be happy to help you get this thing up and running. Best, Mike
Hi Mike, Thank you for your response. I have managed to solve the problem by ensuring that the camera has a different last number in the IP address to that of my laptop. I changed the camera IP address from 192.168.0.54 to 192.168.0.55 I also enabled the DHCP server on the camera and changed my laptop network configuration to obtain its IP address automatically. Apparently, by getting the camera to serve IP addresses, the camera will allocate my laptop an IP address when the laptop is connected to it. And, when I connect my laptop to our corporate network, the corporate server will allocate my laptop an IP address. In theory, my laptop should now be able to be used either with the camera or on the corporate network without too much trouble - famous last words! Google is a wonderful thing :thumbup: Regards, Chris

Advanced NDT Solutions

Flaw Detectors

Integrated Inspection Systems