• Customizable narrowband filtering
• Selectable, tunable square wave or negative spike excitation pulser
• Light, ergonomically designed
• Fast, minimum 60Hz display update rate
• Large, multi-color LCD with full/split screen views
• Dynamic Waveform Color Variation changes waveform color based on flaw or minimum depth alarm conditions
• Display Freeze holds waveform and soundpath data
• Automated transducer calibration
• Soundpath data viewable in inches, millimeters, or microseconds
• Peak Hold and Peak Memory
• Alarms, threshold positive/negative, or minimum depth
• Dual Gate with Echo-Echo measurements
• Echo-Echo in RF mode
• Automatic or Manual Polarity Detection in RF mode
• EMAT transducer optimization capability
• External Trigger In/Out
• Security Key enables remote upgrade of software options
A multi-color LCD with a waveform that dynamically changes color
The EPOCH 4 PLUS's color display provides high contrast viewing of the waveform from bright, direct sunlight to complete darkness. Its Dynamic Waveform Color Variation changes the color of the waveform based on user-selected alarm conditions. For example, the waveform can change color real-time when an echo breaks a flaw gate threshold or when a user-defined minimum depth value is reached indicating out-of-specification conditions.
The EPOCH 4 PLUS's keypad is available in English or International Symbols. Display languages are keypad selectable in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, English, and custom user-defined languages.
Sophisticated alphanumeric datalogger
The EPOCH 4 PLUS's sophisticated datalogger is designed for ease of use while providing a wide range of features for many flaw detection and thickness gaging applications. The unit saves and recalls inspection data sets in any combination of 6,400 waveforms/calibrations and 128,000 thickness readings. All saved data can be organized in alphanumeric file names and identifier (ID) numbers that can be scrolled and reviewed on-screen. A Memo feature permits entry of additional inspection data and the Edit feature can be used to add, delete, or clear file names and ID numbers.
Extensive documentation and high-speed transfer capabilities
The optional GageView Pro Interface Program helps manage and format stored inspection data for high-speed transfer to the PC. Data can be printed or easily copied and pasted into word processing files and spreadsheets for further reporting needs. The GageView Pro Interface Program also allows the creation of a customized database of identifier (ID) strings that can be uploaded to the EPOCH 4 PLUS. New features include live screen capture mode, database tracking, database backup/restore, and multi-view windows. The Interface Program is fully compatible with the EPOCH 4, EPOCH 4B, EPOCH 4 PLUS, EPOCH LT and EPOCH XT.
• USB communication with PC
• High-speed parallel port for alarm outputs and trigger in/out
• VGA output for large viewing on a monitor
• Analog port for direct output of amplitude or thickness measurement
CSC (Curved Surface Correction)
AWS D1.1 & D1.5
High PRF (1,000Hz)
Low PRF (30Hz)
Backwall Echo Attenuator (BEA)