TOFD Scanner for the OmniScan
The caliper-style time-of-flight diffraction (TOFD) scanner opens up new possibilities for fast manual inspections, which include data recording.
- Manually deployed single-axis scanner for use on plate, pipe, and curved surfaces
- "Plug in and go" design
- Positionally encoded via spring-loaded and friction-drive jockey wheel
- Fully adjustable probe center separation (PCS) from 28 mm to 160 mm
- Contact or gap-scan operation
- Compact, light, and versatile
- Operates in any orientation and surface from flat down to 75 mm OD.
- The probe distances are easily adjusted, and angles can be set to 45º, 60º, and 70º.
- Ideal for position-related A-scan, B-scan, D-scan, and echo-dynamic scan data collection
- Fast inspection
- Durable construction
- Quick-release tandem probe attachment via gimballed holders
- Full range of wedges and transducers, including shock wave and piezocomposite series
- Applicable to pipework, pressure vessels, storage tanks, and structural components
- Two 5-MHz (6-mm diameter) transducers with LEMO® connectors
- Set of wedges for 45º, 60º, and 70º operation
- Wheel encoder
- Two 3-m cables
- Carrying case