5800PR, 5900PR et 5910PR
The computer-controlled pulser-receiver family (5800PR, 5900PR, 5672RPP-1) incorporates design features to ensure optimal signal response. The pulsers are designed to provide broadband excitation for maximum broadband transducer performance.
Pulser architecture ensures fast rise times that when coupled with instrument selectable energy and damping options optimize the excitation pulse for the frequency of inspection. Pulse stability is achieved through the use of a fixed, regulated high voltage source. Each model's broadband receiver is designed with a combination of input attenuation, output attenuation and gain stages for a wide dynamic range, low noise response, and fine resolution sensitivity adjustments. All attenuators use relay switched resistors for accuracy and stability. In addition, high and low pass filters improve main bang recovery and noise response.
Panametrics pulser-receivers provide the perfect building blocks for ultrasonic flaw detection, thickness gaging, materials characterization, and transducer characterization. Local control and instrument memory is ideal for ensuring repeatable results in manual test set ups. With computer control of individual settings through GPIB or RS-232, test parameters may be derived and then programmed for production volume analysis.
Features - 5800PR, 5900PR
• Broadband negative spike excitation is optimized for the frequency band of each instrument.
• Adjustable pulse energy and damping from a regulated voltage source for optimizing pulse shape
• Rise times < 1ns are available for ultra high frequency inspection.
• 100 μjoules of available energy for conventional frequency applications
• Internal pulse frequency source is crystal stabilized and uses a frequency divider to select PRF rate.
• External pulser mode allows use of an external pulse generator in conjunction with each instrument's receiver electronics.
• Superior isolation of receiver from pulser main bang when operating in through transmission mode
• Multi-position switchable high and low pass filters optimize main bang recovery and noise response.
• Packaged in a rack-adaptable 16.7" x 3.5" (419 mm x 88.9 mm) instrument cabinet
Two Models To Fit Your Needs
Model 5800PR: 35 MHz (-3 dB) ultrasonic bandwidth is ideal for general purpose ultrasonic testing with a wide variety of metals, plastics, composites and biomedical specimens.
Model 5900PR: 200 MHz (-3 dB) ultrasonic bandwidth permits testing in applications where conventional instruments fail to provide adequate resolution This unit is typically used with broadband transducers in the frequency range of 10 to 125 MHz with thin or non-attenuating materials.
The 5627RPP-1 Remote Pulser Preamp is available as an option for the 5900PR 200 MHz Bandwidth Pulser-Receiver. The 5627RPP-1 permits use of an optimum short cable from the pulser to the transducer to avoid degradation due to attenuation and cable reflections that can occur at long cable lengths. The small, lightweight package can be hand-held or mounted to a structure and drive up to 500 feet of cable back to the 5900PR host receiver for remote applications.