XRF Analyzers and XRD Analyzers
DELTA Alloys and Metals Handheld XRF Analyzer
DELTA Alloys & Metals Handheld XRF Analyzers
DELTA Alloys & Metals Handheld XRF Analyzers provide highly specific material chemistry to rapidly and accurately identify alloy grades and pure metals. Get alloy chemistry and grade ID in seconds, from simple sorting to challenging grade separations, from incoming material inspection to end-product verification.
Everything You Need in Handheld XRF with State-of-the-Art Innovation
The New Generation DELTA Handheld XRF Analyzers are ergonomically advanced with a forward looking design incorporating the latest in electronics, components, and software technology.
The newly available DELTA X-act Count Technology can provide even better sensitivity and precision in faster time for more materials than before. Throughput is increased with the same or better precision in half the time for most elements.
The unique DELTA Docking Station frees you from having to power down the analyzer. The station charges the analyzer battery and a spare, and performs periodic calibration checks. DELTAs can be operated 24/7 in the field with hot swap battery replacement.
DELTA Handheld XRF Configuration
The DELTA brings the power and flexibility of handheld X-ray fluorescence spectrometry to the field. Ruggedized and ultra portable, this dramatically fast 24/7 technology provides accelerated testing times, allowing for hundreds more tests to be conducted per day with analytical confidence. The DELTA series analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN detectors or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detectors (SDD), specialized filters, and multi beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis. The DELTA's real overall value is to help make decisions in real time with minimal reliance on off-site laboratory testing.
Exclusive DELTA Alloy Analysis Features
The DELTA is a reliable and rugged analyzer that maximizes both speed and accuracy. Other XRF systems have trade-offs. They may be able to identify alloys quickly, however inexperienced operators may not be able to determine whether an ID is incorrect, or whether longer testing is required. So how does the conscientious inspector maximize testing speed without increasing the risk of mistaken IDs or erroneous readings? Innov-X's SmartSort solution automates all these decisions, enabling even inexperienced operators to maximize both speed and inspection accuracy. This powerful feature yields optimized throughput and accuracy, making the DELTA an extremely productive XRF for alloy inspection.
DELTA for Positive Material Identification
With Newly Available X-act Count Technology
Superior Light Element Analysis
Traditionally a difficult area for handheld XRF, the analysis of light alloys and elements (Mg, Al, Si, P, S) can now be routine with the DELTA Alloy and Metal XRF Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) Analyzer with the newly available X-act Count Technology. Its integration with a 40kV Rhanode tube and automatic filtering provides fast, precise analysis of transition and heavy metals, and sensitive measurement of light element content. SmartSort maximizes testing throughput - sample by sample, testing is automatically extended or terminated - maximizing accuracy and throughput.
- Magnesium (Mg) detection down to 0.20%
- Quick and accurate quantification of S content in stainless and low alloy steels
-- Reliable identification of 303 and 416 grades
- Measures Si and Al in stainless, bronzes and other alloys
- Measures P in carbon steel down to 0.014% with exclusive 3-beam Alloy Plus calibration
- Extensive grade library combined with SmartSort provides nominal chemistry for light elements when the fastest testing speeds are required
Correlation plot of Phosphorus (P) in Low Alloy Steel Analysis by DELTA Premium SDD Analyzer.
- Enables specific grades to be set up to automatically extend testing time, thus preventing mix-ups
- Maximizes effieciency for speed testing. Automatically extends tests for light elements (Mg, Al, Si, P, S) when absolutely necessary, thus eliminating unnecessarily long tests, and preventing mix-ups
- Makes the DELTA an extremely fast analyzer for inspections
Grade Match Messaging
- Enables qualitative information and messages to be added into the grade ID library
- Fully customizable messages allow for refinery-specific coding messages
- Can be used to store multiple messaging libraries for individual work sites
Welding Grade Library
- Can be activated alongside the standard inspection library for comprehensive PMI work
- Provides easy grade addition or editing on board the analyzer
- Standard Grade Match Messaging library included
The DELTA is engineered to be utilized for in-service inspection of high temp systems with temperatures in excess of 426oC (800oF)
- The DELTA's industry-exclusive heat sink dissipates heat away from the XRF electronics
- The DELTA can be used for longer durations in hot environments
- Facilitates enhanced reliability of key XRF electronic components
- Provides faster cooling of electronics after exposure to high temperatures
Analysis results display demonstrating nominal value (3% Al) and Tramp element (0.09% Fe) features.
- A long-time standard in OES systems, the DELTA is the first HHXRF to offer this feature
- Allows operators to set a max tolerated concentration for individual elements in 7 unique grade families; these elements are considered "Tramp"
- The DELTA comes preloaded with a tramp library based on industry standards
- The analyzer can identify and report tramp material, enabling the user to simplify grade matching by not having to count small, expected amounts of tramp elements against the grade match
- Detect and quantify tramp residuals critical to selective corrosion investigations and failure analysis
Easy Report Generation
- Get fast, easy-to-interpret customizable results screen
- Export data to wireless printer via Bluetooth®
- Generate custom reports with DELTA PC Software
--Incorporate quantitative and qualitative results
--Incorporate analysis images
--Incorporate operator & company information
--Incorporate company logo
DELTA Alloy Report Generation
The DELTA Line
The DELTA series handheld XRF analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN, or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) detection, specialized filters, and multi-beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis.
DELTA Classic Plus
|DELTA Premium||DELTA Professional||DELTA Classic Plus|
|Excitation Source||4W Rh, Au, or Ta anode (per application) X-ray tube||4W Ag, Rh, Au, or Ta anode (per application) X-ray tube||4W Au or Ta anode X-ray tube|
|Detector||Large-Area Silicon Drift Detector||Silicon Drift Detector||Si-PIN Diode Detector|
|Analytical Range||Alloy and Mining: Mg and up for Rh/Ag and Al and up for Ta/Au; Soil: P and higher||Alloy and Mining: Ti and higher; Soil: P and higher|
|Weight||1.5 kg (3.25 lbs) without battery|
|Dimensions||260 x 240 x 90 mm (10.25 x 9.5 x 3.5 in.)|
|Environmental Temp Range||-10 ºC to 50 ºC (14 ºF to 122 ºF)|
|Processing Electronics||530 MHz CPU with integrated FPU with 128 MB RAM; Proprietary Olympus Digital Pulse Processor (DPP)|
|Smart Electronics||Accelerometer; Barometer for atmosphere pressure corrections of light elements' measurements|
|Power||Rechargeable Li-ion battery; Hot-swap maintains analyzer power during battery charge|
|Data Display||32 bit Color QVGA resolution, Blanview transmissive backlit touchscreen; 57 x 73 mm (2.25 x 2.9 in.)|
|Data Storage||1 GB microSD (stores ~75,000 readings)|
|Data Transfer||USB, Bluetooth®|
- Waterproof Carrying Case
- Two (2) Li-ion Batteries
- Electronic User Manual and User Interface Guide and Printed Quick Start Guide
- Docking Station
- Mini USB Cable
- 316 Stainless Steel Calibration Check Reference Coin
- Ten (10) Spare Windows
- Integrated Wrist Strap
- DELTA PC Software
- Factory Authorized Training & Support
- XRF WorkStation for mobile benchtop use
- Soil Foot facilitating hands-free In-sltu testing
- Soil Extension Pole offering ergonomic In-sltu testing while standing/walking
- Belt Holster
Configured with a standard package of 25+ elements, the DELTA generates alloy chemistry and grade ID in seconds. From simple sorting to challenging grade separations, the DELTA provides highly specific material chemistry to rapidly and accurately identify pure metals and alloy grades including, but not limited to:
The DELTA Knows Metals and Alloys
|Aluminum alloys||Precious metals|
|Chromium-Molybdenum steels||Stainless steels|
|Cobalt alloys||Tool steels|
|Copper alloys||Titanium alloys|
|Exotic alloys||Wrought Aluminum alloys|
|Magnesium alloys||Zinc alloys|
|Nickel alloys||Zirconium alloys|
When you need a reliable analysis tool to provide fast and accurate Positive Material Identification (PMI), turn to the DELTA. From turnings, shavings, rods, and wires to small parts and components, to more sizeable material or structures, the DELTA provides anywhere, anytime testing with faster and more accurate results than ever before.
Ultimate Aluminum Analysis
Easily and directly sorts and grades Aluminum and Aluminum containing materials. The DELTA Premium offers unmatched Al performance.
- Accurately measures Mg content in 5000 series alloys and separates Mg-containing alloys. Sorts 3003 and 3004; 1100 and 6063; 2014 and 2024
- Accurately determines the Al content in Ti alloys, including CP Ti cut with Al
- Accurately classifies Al and Si bronzes
High-Temperature Cast Stainless
- Measures Al in high-temp, Ni/Co superalloys
Small Component and Weld Analysis
- Spot size can be changed in real-time by switching between the collimated 3 mm diameter spot and the standard 10 mm diameter analysis spot.
- The sample image is saved to memory after analysis. The image can be archived along with the analysis results and exported for simple report generation.
- The convenience of a benchtop spectrometer in a rugged handheld analyzer.
Weld Mask Adaptor
DELTA Premium Alloy Analyzer with Weld Mask installed
The ruggedized weld mask can be attached to the front plate of the snout to collimate analysis to a 3 mm width slot, which is perfect for rapid, on-site weld bead analysis. The DELTA weld mask is engineering with layered metals to exclude substrate materials from analysis.
Window Guard™ System Protection for Testing Metal Turnings, Shavings & Protruding Components Using the DELTA Handheld XRF Alloy Analyzer
The DELTA Handheld XRF Alloy Analyzer Window Guard System is ideal when testing conditions get really tough. It is designed to protect everything inside the DELTA's analyzing window from foreign objects. It safeguards the DELTA's detector, tube, filters, and electronics from damage by sharp objects, dirt, and debris.
DELTA Window Guard System is designed to save customers thousands of dollars in costly repair bills and down time.
The economical DELTA Alloy Window Guard is easy to affix and remove where and when you need it. Simply remove the DELTA Alloy Window Guard to analyze elements lighter than Titanium (22) and make sure the correct calibration mode is selected.
The DELTA Window Guard System is standard on all new DELTA Handheld XRF Alloy Analyzer purchases. If you want to upgrade your DELTA Handheld XRF Alloy Analyzer to incorporate the Window Guard System, simply schedule a Service RMA which includes the Window Guard System Set-Up and Calibration. Packets of Window Guards are available for purchase.