The i-SPEED LT high speed video camera was designed for applications where a simple "point and shoot" camera is the main requirement - whilst retaining portability, rugged construction and ease of use. Typical users would be in Production and Processing environments for industrial fault diagnosis.
The entry level high speed video camera from Olympus, has been designed for applications where a simple "point and shoot camera" is the main requirement. The i-SPEED LT is constructed specifically for the industrial environment and retains its portability, ruggedness and ease of use. The camera is a true stand-alone system with images provided to the user instantly for review and analysis.
The features of the i-SPEED LT include:
- 800 x 600 sensor resolution
- 2000fps recording capability
- On-board editing function
- Live image review and instant playback with the Olympus-exclusive Controller Display Unit (CDU)
- Optional battery operation
- Selection of memory options to extend record time
- User selectable video image compression for increased data storage and download speeds
- Upgradeable to i-SPEED 2
The i-SPEED LT is suitable for a wide range of industries and applications including:
- In-field trials and tests
- Sports research
- Production and Processing
- Production and processing lines
- Reducing line jams
- Improving line setup and speeding changeovers
- Lowering scrap and materials costs
- Reducing downtime and maintenance costs
- Laboratory and Research
- New product design and development
- Material and component testing
The i-SPEED Software Suite is designed to mirror the ease-of-use and high specification power of the camera range. There are two levels of PC software for all cameras:
- Connect to camera*
- Control camera*
- Download images to PC
- i-FOCUS for confirmation of depth of focus (i-SPEED 3 only)
- i-CHEQ for instant camera status determination (i-SPEED 3 only)
- Luminance histogram for precise image set-up (i-SPEED 3 only)
- Manual distance, speed, angle, angular velocity measurements
- Auto-capture and download to PC
- Permanent text burned onto video, including customers logo's
- Free text facility including data and frame comments
- Video annotation
- HTML report generator
- 64 point autotracking
- Perspective projection
- Data filtering
- Video triggering
- Lens distortion correction and saving
i-SPEED Viewer Software
In order to allow the sharing of i-SPEED video files, Olympus provides the i-SPEED Viewer software as a free of charge download.
i-SPEED LT is not Ethernet enabled and is supplied with the Viewer software.
The i-SPEED Software Suite may be purchased separately to enable saved image manipulation and analysis as described.
Minimum PC Recommendations:
- Windows 2000 operating system
- 2GHz processor
- 512Mb of memory
- 20GB hard disk
- High-speed graphics adapter
- 100 Base T Ethernet
Optimum PC Recommendations:
- Windows XP operating system
- 3GHz processor
- 2GB of memory
- 500GB hard drive for video storage
- High-speed graphics adapter
- 1Gb Ethernet
CDU (Controller Display Unit)
The unique Olympus CDU incorporates a large 8.4" high resolution LCD monitor, giving the user a compact and easy to operate system. No extra monitor or PC is required for operation.
The CDU provides interaction with an intuitive, user-friendly menu structure, allowing the operator to control the entire system. Settings can be changed by the simple press of a button - change the frame rate and shutter, then record and instantly review the action. Distance, velocity and angular displacement measurements are possible on the playback image. The 'clip select editor' allows the user to quickly identify and save relevant image frames. Save only what you need to optimize
download speeds and data file size.
Note: The i-SPEED CDU contains Mercury, please dispose of in accordance with local, state and federal laws
|Dimensions||267 (W) x 210 (H) x 43mm (L)|
|Display||8.4" LCD daylight viewing|
|Input Voltage||12V ± 10%|
|Power Consumption||8W Maximum|
Remote Visual Inspection
Olympus has over 30 years of expertise in remote visual inspection and can offer both rigid borescopes and flexible fiberscopes to suit all applications, allowing inspection of areas that cannot normally be reached without disassembly.
A complete range of adaptors are available to connect the i-SPEED cameras to Olympus Microscopes.
A choice of F-mount and C-mount lenses provide the versatility between zoom and magnification without compromising image quality. Extension tubes are also available and can offer increased magnification.
Olympus can offer a large selection of lighting equipment to suit the majority of applications. From 1000W focussed beam lighting for large machinery applications, to Olympus light sources for small detailed requirements such as enclosed areas and inside machinery.
The i-SPEED Range is packaged in a durable, shipable hardcase, with the option of an additional softcase. The foam inserts will securely accomodate the standard camera set including all cables and software, with accessory lenses and the CDU. Soft and hard cases are also available for the full range of lighting equipment.