The Panametrics Model 5058PR High Voltage pulser-receiver is designed especially for ultrasonic test and measurement applications in attenuating mediums. The pulser section of the Model 5058PR can deliver up to 900 volts in an impulse type excitation pulse to appropriate low frequency transducers. The flexible receiver section provides switchable 40/60 dB gain with an additional 30 dB available from an integral low noise preamplifier. Four position high and low pass filters and 1 dB attenuation steps further optimize signal response.
A full range of front panel controls permits discrete calibrated settings or continuous adjustments for easy and repeatable instrument setup. The unit is packaged in a rack adaptable 19" (483 mm) wide enclosure.
• High voltage pulser, switched settings or continuously adjustable to 900 volts
• High gain, low noise broadband (10 MHz) receiver
• Pulse-echo and thru-transmission modes
• High isolation (80 dB) in thru-transmission mode
• 60 dB RF Gain
• Additional 30 dB gain available from internal auxiliary preamplifier
• Receiver attenuation range of 0 to 80 dB in 1 dB steps
• 6 dB vernier for fine adjustment
• Switchable high pass and low pass filters
• PRF rate switch selectable from 20 Hz to 2 kHz
• Controls permit either discrete, calibrated settings or continuous adjustment
Used with an analog or digital oscilloscope, the Model 5058PR can be the basis of a bench top measurement system for determination of material quality or properties. Flaw detection, time of flight, thickness, velocity, attenuation, and frequency content are investigated. The high voltage pulser and high gain receiver of the Model 5058PR make it particularly useful for applications that challenge the penetrating capability of conventional pulser/receivers in such materials as:
- coarse grain cast metals
- concrete, stone, soil or sand
- composites and fiberglass
- very thick plastics or rubber
- highly attenuating liquids, slurries or emulsions
- wood and fiberboard
- air gaps
The Model 5058PR is shipped with two BCB-58-4 cables, one 50 ohm terminator, application detachable power/mains cord, and operating manual. An optional rack-mount kit is available and should be specified at time of ordering.
*All specifications are subject to change without notice.